Thursday, September 2, 2010

Passion in a Choice

Choose a job you love,
and you will never have to work a day in your life.
~Confucius

When it comes to choosing a job or (as a student) a course, would you pursue a passion or give in to other equally important considerations? There's no right or wrong answer, I assure you. People do need financial security and acceptance after all.

I love writing and I'm going to study English Literature. In many ways it is unconventional, but I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. It is one of those decisions that you make and know you will never regret.

Going with the flow can be exciting, even if I'm not sure what it is I would do after three years. All I hope is that I can live off something I enjoy doing. Then it would hardly be called work, would it?




No comments:

Post a Comment