Saturday, September 11, 2010

Fresh Start - The Rest is Still Unwritten

For some reason or another, I feel as if there's something different in me. I don't know what it is exactly, or how this came to be, but I'll do my best to describe it. Please bear with me - This was not how I intended the post to be initially, but deleting this would mean a restless night. I've strung the words together as carefully as I can as this is hard to write.

I've always kept many things to myself, holding back emotion to avoid conflict, putting up with people's judgements of me. It's not easy to live up to so many expectations. You'd understand. You're probably expected to be at your best at all times. No room for mistake. The thing is, I just can't do that anymore...

"It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul."

~Invictus, by William Ernest Henley~



Four Leaf Clover Animated Divider from FLMNetwork.com


Well, everything is changing and I sense it. Let's start afresh, shall we? I shall make do with what I have done with the layout so far. Other changes will come only later on. Now to look back at my blogging experience thus far.

I've been a blogger since May 2008, when I was a high school student in my senior year. I've been going through my archive, reading almost all my previous posts. Very different styles, and I'm not surprised. With each new entry I've become more comfortable with expressing a little more of what I truly feel. I used to think that every post must be perfect; that less traffic is not a good sign. Today that doesn't matter (except when it comes to grammar and spelling). It's almost a diary after all.

The bottomline: I enjoy blogging and I'll be here for a long time. Here's a toast to a new day.

Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten

~Unwritten, by Natasha Bedingfield~

No comments:

Post a Comment