Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My Blog is Carbon Neutral.

The environment is in one bad state. I'm sure you would agree. I'm taking steps to reduce global warming, albeit tiny ones. My family is practising the 3R's (Recycling, Reducing, Reusing), but I still think more should be done for the effects to show.

This is something I stumbled across.

"Make It Green" is a programme which originates from Germany, with a goal of reducing the emission of carbon dioxide. For one, carbon footprints have got to go. Surfing the web often doesn't help. With each web page you go into another large puff of CO2 punctuates the air, even when blogging. 

On the other hand, I can't imagine myself not blogging, which leads to the "My blog is carbon neutral" initiative.

For every participant of this initiative, a tree would be planted at the Plumas National Park. And for that you can reduce YOUR carbon footprint each time you blog. All you have to do is post something up like this, and paste the badge on your wall. Cyber wall, I mean. The website will shed more light.

co2 neutral coupons attractive shopping offers with kaufDA.de

So...why not? Now my blog is carbon neutral. (Or at least, the carbon is reduced)

Every little step counts, especially in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment