Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fast Forward Five Years

Time is one sneaky little spy; one crafty thief. It slips through the cracks of our fingers and brings with it everything we see, touch and feel. Time is always a step ahead of us; when we reach tomorrow, it'll be yesterday sooner than we think. But that, I suppose, is nothing more than the expected.

In a sudden impulse (and possibly several films later) I thought of a time capsule. In it time is trapped, confined within a claustrophobic space. While the world continues to spin, day by day and night by night, I'd like to think that time inside the capsule cannot weather as fast as the outside.

My cousins, my siblings and I did a little craft project two weeks ago, using a lovely bottle, coloured papers, a ribbon, tape, pens and thoughts. I daresay it looks as good as that in gift shops.

Our whole family took part. Well, almost.

This is our plan. For five long years, this time capsule will remain kept away. Perhaps the messages will increase by then. After that period, when time has taken a toll on the world, it'll be opened and the spy (or thief) is allowed to roam free.

What we were, what we thought, what we felt, what we dreamt of...all in a bottle tucked away by time itself.

I hope that five years would not extend to a decade. That just sounds a little too long. Anyhow, it'll be something to look forward to or work towards.

Someone told me that I have a tendency to be nostalgic, sometimes a little too much so. She's right. I am. Sometimes I do hold onto memories like an anaconda who hasn't seen food in months.

But it's all not THAT bad...is it?


PS. Five years begin now.

No comments:

Post a Comment