Friday, October 29, 2010

To go exploring.

Norwich cathedral overlooking market
Walking down the streets of Norwich - it's quite exciting, actually. I had less time constraints but still had some things to buy. First and foremost, I got my new phone! It is the black version of my previous one (I hope whoever took my phone gets spammed by nightmares).  Anyhow, I was still disconnected in terms of communication today because there was some sort of delay in the network connection to the phone company, or so they explained to me when I got back.

On the down side, I couldn't call a friend who was supposed to join me, it was lovely not getting calls or text messages while exploring the city centre again. I've gone through the market place again. In the afternoon, unlike when I last went, it is bustling with people swarming the stalls. Fruits, flowers, Chinese takeaway, Fish and Chips, Craft stores and there's even one selling ribbons!

I even found an actual website for the market here.

Royal Arcade, where there are rows of shops...

...like this

Though not as many as the pubs or churches, there are several malls within walking distance of each other. To get to the Castle Mall from Chapelfield Shopping Centre, I had to go through the Royal Arcade, which is basically a little walkway with more shops displaying their goods on the side.

Some shops I remember seeing during my 'mini-journey' are some shops selling candy, chocolate, vintage clothings, mustard, marmalade and teddy bears (as in, the sort you can 'make-your-own').

As the photo says.

The next time I come I must visit the Castle, which is now a museum. It should be fun, but I had to get a coat. What I got was pretty warm and comfortable as well.


The entrance
Note to self: More time needed to go exploring.

The castle from a different location


 



No comments:

Post a Comment