Thursday, October 28, 2010

No clouds and no worries

I like it here. I really do. And that dreadful rainy (imaginary) cloud has left me alone. 

I got good feedback from people about my poems. That gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside. It made me want to jump up in glee and walk with a spring in each step. I almost did (with a grin on my face) and had to control myself to avoid looking funny.

For a flatmate's birthday we celebrated it at a campus club event called 'Skool Daze' where we had to dress up in school uniform. Three of us are not drinkers, and thank goodness my flatmates are very considerate when it comes to that. Anyway, it was a new and different experience. Not something I would go for often but it was fun.
Apart from that, I have to admit now that I was never too sure what Fresher's Flu was. So I looked it up on the web:

The fried rice I cooked: Delicious!

"Fresher’s Flu is the slang name given to illnesses that are suffered by new students at university in the first few weeks (the fresher’s weeks)." Also the term is unique to the British. For more information check here. Apparently it's caused by stress of studies, being independent and struggling to find new friends, along with an unhealthy diet, excessive smoking or drinking and being in a crowded place.

I'm glad I'm not a victim of that. In fact, I haven't even had a cold (I'm tapping on my wooden table now because winter is coming). I've been cooking almost every day (deciding on what to eat is harder than cooking) and generally I feel good.

Tomorrow I'll be going into the city centre to get some shopping done. Then there will be no clouds and no worries.
PS. Sent a letter home today. I do miss home, still.

No comments:

Post a Comment