Saturday, October 9, 2010

And as the Years Go By

I'm starting to feel more comfortable here, thanks to once new faces who have become familiar with time. For one, it is unusual to see an empty kitchen in the evening. In fact, today was the first time and that was shocking. By night, however, there would always be a crowd sitting around the table.

There are also people from various societies and, though still few, course mates. Last night I watched 'Toy Story 3' with someone from the Creative Writing Society. If you don't already know, I love Pixar and think that they make the greatest animated films ever. After growing up with the first two movies, the sequel is a treat. Woody is my favourite character, by the way.

I'm glad that the humour is fresh and comes at moments you'd least expect it to. Then there are the moments which got straight to my soft heart, especially the ending. I found it strangely coincidental that while Andy (the owner of the toys) left for college, I'm in no different position myself.

So you might be thinking...did I just say I went to watch a movie? On a weekday? After two weeks in the UK? Now I shall mention that there is a huge poster in every kitchen listing down every event for the Autumn semester, from parties to movies and certain important events in the university. That's not including any events in the city centre.

I'm alright for now. No Fresher's Flu too!

Walking back on a rainy day.

And as the years go by
Our friendship will never die
You're gonna see
It's our destiny
You've got a friend in me
~You've Got a Friend in Me, Toy Story soundtrack~

No comments:

Post a Comment