Saturday, October 23, 2010

Bad Stroke of Luck

I'm having a fairly bad stroke of luck lately. I've been locked out of my room not once but twice in the same week. A mistake, I admit, on my part since most of the time my natural reflex after getting up is to go to the kitchen and not to take the key. The cleaner was still around, thank goodness, so both the situations ended well. There's a problem with my debit card, which is being solved over the weekend. That, however, means that I have to postpone the payment for the Nottingham Games, and that of my phone plan.

Something sinister is happening, isn't it?

On the bright side, my flatmates and I went to the city centre today to get whatever we needed. I didn't manage to get all of what I was looking for but hopefully by Wednesday I can get it all done. So far the 'sinister situations' that have happened to me are still tolerable but this gives me more things to worry about and do.

Tomorrow, I have to sit down and get most of my essay on Keats done. And write a poem for the 'Like a Virgin Open Mic' for new creative society members next Monday. Hopefully. I suppose I could get one of my old ones out if no creative juices come to me.

Till then, I hope my luck turns soon. It seems that most unfortunate events that happened to me don't stay that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment