Thursday, October 7, 2010

Chicken Rice

Chicken Rice Meal
Look! I didn't blow up the kitchen!

After days and days of craving Malaysian food, I've whipped myself some chicken rice. I did need to go on several shopping trips before I could officially start experimenting with culinary art.

I think I did alright, especially with the chicken. The rice was a little wetter than usual; perhaps it's supposed to be that way? Oh well, at least it's edible and it smelt so good that, as it was cooking, my stomach rumbled.

Basically it's rice cooked with garlic, onion and chicken stock, steamed chicken and vegetables with soya sauce. All of which are on matching plates! There's Tropical Fruit Punch in my cup.

Home cooked meals would surely beat microwaved ones. Pre-made food are not exactly healthy. but for students how easy it is to only press some buttons to have hot food. Nonetheless, I'm trying to keep a balance - I can't keep eating packeted meals for the sole purpose of survival.

We live to eat, not the other way around. Don't you agree?

Cooking is not as tiring as washing up. I hope I have the willpower to cook my own meals again. It would help if scrubbing up everything is not necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment