Friday, October 22, 2010

Book addict

Today was a good day. Not because I had to roll out of bed so early in the morning for an appointment. Not because I had to walk around feeling like an ice cube sliding across the pavement. Not because I haven't decided on what I should write for my essays. Not because my phone has been missing for a week. Not because the card reader for my online banking is annoying me.

At the end of the day, I went to the post room to collect a parcel I have been waiting for. There was something about it that seemed like a present even though I already knew what the contents were. It's probably the fact that everything inside would be new, so new that imaginary sparkles might burst out from the seams.


It is definitely like a Christmas present - 8 books for my course to last me the term. I'm going to have to impose self-control now because the online deals were pretty good and I get them delivered for free!
Okay, so Christina Rossetti's anthology was a splurge but it wasn't that expensive. Furthermore, I find her lyrical style charming, seemingly simple but with a deeper message within each poem. That's a quality I adore in written works. Plus, she's my favourite poet.

That aside, the rest are classics I am meant to read before certain weeks. For now they are taking the austerity out of my shelves. I am a book addict, like many others out there. Don't you just love books? It feels wonderful just flipping through the pages, the smell of the parchment punctuating the air, sending you into a different world.

Good day. It's been a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment