Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I've Done It Again by Malorie Blackman

I've Done It Again!
by Malorie Blackman

Confidence up, confidence down
Act like an angel, look like a clown,
Changing your mind, changing it back,
The quick recipe for a heart attack.

Smile at your blunders, laugh at my own.
This isn't right, I should be at home.
Under the duvet, safe from attack.
Changing your mind, changing it back.

Accident prone, but never you worry,
I'll tell you when you should leave in a hurry.
Making up ground for the sense that I lack.
Changing your mind, changing it back.

I've done it again, proved my reputation.
Is this sorrow or is it elation?
Statements once given I cannot retract,
Changing your mind, changing it back.

The notice I earn is diluted with patience,
The smiles that I give are the scorns I receive.
While I hold my breath and count to one hundred,
You'll tell me a tale I am sure to believe.

Fanciful feelings hiding a fool,
A cog that's not turning, a bottomless pool.
Lend me what's common, of which you've a stack.
Then I'll change your mind and I won't change it back.



Four Leaf Clover Animated Divider from FLMNetwork.com



And so I have. Sigh. I feel like curling up into a ball and rolling under the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment