Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Going, going, gone.

As the crowd headed to another firework viewing area on New Years Eve, a coughing fit hit me. Several minutes before the countdown, my voice was going, going, then it was gone. It just took off and left. The only way I could utter a word was in a whisper. The fireworks were beautiful and the crowd went ballistic. Too bad I couldn't join in all the screaming.

It's not a serious matter. Just that all the coughing led to an inflammation of my voice box, and should heal in several days. Apart from the few times when I have to order or ask something, I'm generally trying not to say too much so that I can give my voice a rest.

Never thought I'd see this day.

I'm also back in Norwich, and very much hooked onto Disney classics. I normally am but these few days they are starting to pop up in my head a little too often. I've been on Youtube watching videos and listening to all the songs I've learnt by heart as a child. Especially 'The Little Mermaid' (One of my favourite of the lot).


I'll write a post on New Year soon. For now I will be surfing online as a "Disney-addict". I probably should dedicate a whole post on this nostalgic subject some day. Till then, I'll be typing more than I talk.

Have a good day!

PS. Thank you for the 19 virtual gifts! Some got me giggling and others were heartwarming!!

No comments:

Post a Comment