Monday, January 31, 2011

End of January 2011

Noodles with wanton

So here's what has been happening lately.

House-hunting season has slowed down now. When it first started, the number of available houses on the accommodation website plummeted so drastically we were worried there would be none left. Eight messages, about twelve hours and one call later, we found the house. There are five bedrooms, two bathrooms, a large kitchen and a living room with a flat screen television. The rent is pretty good and the landlord is lovely. We'll be moving in come July.

I'm glad that is done.

Chinese New Year is this coming week, and I'm glad I have plans! On the day before Chinese New Year, while my family are to have 团圆饭 ("Tuan Yuan Fan") also known as reunion dinner, I'll be going for a CNY society event on campus. It won't be the same, but that would be the closest I can get to that.

Over the weekend, I will be going to London to meet up with my cousins. That's what Chinese New Year is about, isn't it?

Anyway, I've got to go now. Till the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment