Thursday, January 6, 2011

2011 in London

If the streets had been alive, they must have been throbbing under the enormous pressure on their backs. London was swarming with people, especially down River Thames. To get from one end of the street to another it would take a lot of maneuvering through the crowd, threading through the minute openings for a better spot.

We ended up in South Bank in time for the countdown. All the cheering at the stroke of midnight, the screaming, the singing of Auld Lang Syne (I mean it)...it was all so festive.




London eye!
Right after the fireworks, there were people in a generally cheerful mood wishing each other a Happy New Year (Which I could only answer back in a whisper). I don't doubt that some went off partying somewhere, but it was time to go to catch a less packed tube. Overall, welcoming 2011 was wonderful.

Tower Bridge
Later in the evening, it was down to Leicester Square to have some food we would miss for a while. Sichuan food - Chinese, taste bud tinging (spiciness galore!) and does not need preparing for ourselves.

Yummy!
I realise that my post merely shows snapshots of some things that happened in London, with no chronological sense. Pushing that out of mind, the following day as we were in St. Pancreas International, we took a look at a unique statue.

How very sweet...
With 3D carvings on the side. Interesting, no?



For me, at least, I consider my holidays done and over with, although classes have not officially started. I'm back in Norwich relaxing and getting myself ready for term time.

And oh, another thing. As I was watching a movie on my laptop last night, there was a comedic scene which I couldn't help but laugh at. But instead of the gust of wind I expected, I heard myself laughing! It's getting better!

No comments:

Post a Comment