Saturday, November 27, 2010

Winter Wonderland

I woke up later than I expected today, and remembered that I had an appointment with some friends. I rolled out of bed, decided to let some light shine in and drew the curtains open.

Before I continue, let me show you the scenes I expect to see when I get myself ready for class.

Through my window.
The road leading to the Village (where I stay).

Earlham Park, on my way to campus
The morning light poured itself in as usual, immediately getting rid of the darkness hidden behind the green curtain. But what was this? What a different scene! It was impossible to miss. The whole area was covered with snow. Everything - the rooftops, the roads, the bushes, the trees - glowed with the shimmering colour of white. To me, it felt like the icing on a cake.


I like the way the tree had droplets sparkling in the light. It's as if Nature is reminding people that Christmas is coming by hanging some of her decorations.

See the difference?
I love this one - Like a postcard!
I was excited most of the time, even on my way into campus, that it didn't seem that cold after all. Or it might be because I had gone into the city centre and got myself a pair of gloves. I have several layers on now.

If you read my earlier post you can see the difference.
On the other hand, seniors told me that usually snow comes in January, and that they are bored with it. I might see it that way someday, I guess, but it won't be today. And to think that what was meant for January happened in November! Climatic effects are taking root! I can't imagine what it would be like come next year.
Snowball fight!
Well, what now can I do? Go with the flow. And enjoy the fuzzy feeling inside. And watch the scene outside my window change as the day starts to pall and part of the snow melts into slush.

No comments:

Post a Comment