Thursday, November 18, 2010

Notts

Norwich Railwat Station
While I do love it in UK, sometimes it is good to meet up with Malaysians, which was why I attended the Nottingham Malaysians Games! Last Friday I took a bus to the railway station (basically followed the crowd carrying luggages) and off I went to Nottingham.

Three long hours later, Chiah and Erwan greeted me at the train station, and we went around the city. We had a Spanish dinner at La Tasca, which we likened to Spanish version of 'dim sum'.

Erwan and Chiah


Spanish Tapas

It was Guy Fawkes Night. It's when they celebrate the failed Gunpowder Plot. The lower class were trying to blow up the parliament, kill the king and replace it with a Catholic state, as I believe. Guy Fawkes was an unfortunate member who was captured and burnt to death. On another hand, his death is being celebrated at the masses with a large bonfire (We heard someone comment on how small the bonfire was this year) and lots of fireworks all around the UK. There was also a fun fair going on as well.

Bonfire

Fun fair

And there.


Fireworks here!



The Games took place the next day, and it was nice being able to meet up with people I haven't seen in a while. I joined in the Scrabble Competition and though I didn't get so far it was fun.

NMG here I come
What most people looked forward too was probably the food festival. We live by our stomach, no? The queue had to be in a standstill for hours before we finally got to the food. The nasi lemak was the most popular, no doubt, since people were waiting for the next batches to come. One even bought 20 boxes!

You know what this means

FOOD!
We also went to the lake. The scenery is lovely! It's greener here compared to East Anglia, and significantly larger as well.

Siew Ngap
We joked that food is always on our mind, and kept referring to the rather plump ducks we saw as Siew Ngap (roasted duck).

As the layout of my blog editor seems to be driving me insane, I shall end the post here. The next few photos are of some faces I met there. The other photos will surface some way or another. Till then. have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment