Thursday, November 25, 2010

Let it Snow

This afternoon I received a text message from Chiah informing me that Aberdeen is snowing while Nottingham is not. I replied saying that Norwich hasn't and I'm thankful for that because I'm not ready for it. I was going to get my gloves this Friday.

In a twist of irony, several minutes later, someone from the Creative Writing meeting cried, "LOOK OUTSIDE!! It's SNOW!!" And sure enough, there it was, the fluttering of droplets too solid to be rain right outside the window.

I feel like I'm in a movie sometimes.

Putting aside my shock and that slight annoyance that I cannot put off buying my leather gloves any longer, I was absolutely excited about watching the snow drift down. In fact, nearly everyone was fascinated by the sight. Their faces glowed mostly from the thought of being able to go home for the holidays. Mine was the pure exhilaration of the first time spotting snow drench the pavement.

It was somewhat amidst the rain, so everything dissipated once they touched the ground. It's not entirely official yet, but this only shows that winter is coming nearer and nearer, its frosty breath emitting down our necks.

Later that night, after our Asda delivery came by and we got ourselves food for the next few weeks (along with my bag of doughnuts), I went to watch 'Much Ado about Nothing' at the Drama Studio. It was good. I like that they interpreted it in a modern kind of way from the jazzy beat of 'Sigh no more, ladies' to a cute little twist in the ending, while retaining the language and ambience.  

During the break, I could not help but stare at the snowflakes outside the studio and it didn't feel as cold for just that moment. I'm not so sure if I would see it that way over the next few months, but that feeling was childlike and beautiful at the same time. I enjoyed that. 



No comments:

Post a Comment