Tuesday, November 2, 2010

High in the Sky

Though it's darker than December
What's ahead is a different color
One day we're gonna get so high

It is really dark in the evening now. By 5pm it is so dark you'd think it's 10pm. And apparently it can go down to 5 hours of light in mid-December. It was a huge shock the first time when I came out of the library last Sunday, thinking that it's still early.

I was told that my fried rice didn't look edible and that I would probably be able to improve over the next three years. So here's a photo of a plate of fried rice I cooked yesterday, along with some ABC soup (Not the alphabet soup but that of carrot, potatoes and onions).

It wasn't planned so it might look plain. Normally I only decide what to eat when I want to eat, unless I have some inevitable craving like the chicken rice I had a few weeks ago.

Most of the time, I do make it an effort to cook something. My parents were shocked when they heard that. Is it really?

It is only on those rare occasions, those moments with the glow of the blue moon, that I simply shove a packet of food into the microwave and let it do the job. A student after all! Oh and blue moons don't occur very often here, if you're wondering.

This time I'll let you be the judge. The soup was a bit of home for me, though. I had it for dinner today as well...with a sandwich. It was a tiring day, and soon to be a tiring night.

Don't you think it's time you started
Doing what we always wanted
One day we're gonna get so high

That aside, I'm going to see some Christmas lights this Thursday, join the Nottingham Games this Friday, and coming back on Saturday night. It so happens that there is a Sparks in the Park event at a park near the university as well. It's November so it should be the Guy Fawkes Day event. Hopefully I can catch a glimpse of it at least.

Looks like a lot, doesn't it? Don't worry, I'll strike a balance.

'Cause we are gonna be forever you and me
You will always keep it flying high in the sky of love
~High, by the Lighthouse Family~

No comments:

Post a Comment