Saturday, February 27, 2010

Random quote I stumbled upon.



I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge -- myth is more potent than history -- dreams are more powerful than facts -- hope always triumphs over experience -- laughter is the cure for grief -- love is stronger than death.

~Robert Fulghum~



I can't agree more. I've recently stumbled upon this quote and this American author while doing research. His books seem to be good reads (maybe I should get my hands on one) - little events in life being so significant - or probably that's just me.

Said Einstein, "Imagination is more important than knowledge." (Saw this in bookstores). What a brilliant quote, don't you think?

To say about myths and dreams and laughter and love, it's making me feel cozy, which is really what I need after going through so much of Larkin over the past week.

Of course Larkin's poems are good, with that irony and shock factor which I really like in poems, and getting to see things in another light, but they push me under that gloomy raincloud with each read.

Fulghum and Larkin could be very much the same, only that one gives a more happy, optimistic take on little things in life while the other does the exact opposite.

And I'm in need of happy thoughts now.

No comments:

Post a Comment