Monday, June 29, 2009

Sweet Surprise

Luck's lovely little way of telling me that everything is going to be alright and I should feel happy! Then it hit me all at once.
  • That day when I chased after Vincent because he'd been carrying some mysterious object.
  • My auntie telling me not to chase him because she said I'll know later on. (haha I see...)
  • Mummy's sudden urge to snip stuff off magazines (hey! that's my job!)
  • Joyce has a file with my pictures in it. (I smell something...)
  • Mei Yee's mum asked me if I got the letter several weeks before, and all I could say was..."What letter?". Later on Mei Yee said she had 'no' idea what it was. (Can't believe I fell for that)
  • Mei Shan said, "with Joyce's help too..."(huh?)
  • Hazel asked, "So do you like your present?" (My parent's one? HUH? What are we talking about again?)

My eyes welled up and almost spilled. I get it now. Thank you, Joyce and Mummy for compiling it all, snipping the quotes, finding the photos and asking around for people to submit an entry. They've recently agreed to not collaborate when making scrapbooks again.


THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I had to flip through it over and over again so that everything can be absorbed in. They say it's for me to hold on to if or when I study abroad. That got me saddened for a while. Is everything really going to change that fast?

With each turn the memories flashed before my eyes. What I find most touching is the messages. With every message the voice bubbles from the surface of the page, as if a little tape recorder sticks onto it.

From my family...thank you for being there for me. I like the fact that both were put next to each other. Clans are crowds, aren't they? And the more the merrier?

From my friends... I can't post them all here but you know who you are. My sister could only find those who have been friends since childhood and those who have 16-year-old siblings in her class, by the way. So don't feel disheartened, I really cherish your way of delivering birthday wishes. Thanks for making that difference in my life.

Hazel, this is to your question which I didn't know what to answer at first. It's like a ticket to a roller coaster ride, taking me on a ride with my emotions. Shock then happy then slightly sad. Still, like roller coaster rides, I LOVE IT! And I really adored the bookmark you made. It'll be with me on all my literary adventures!

I'm too touched for words. How else to end it? Life is a celebration.

Have a nice day.


No comments:

Post a Comment