Sunday, June 14, 2009

BRATs Day One

I'm wondering how to compile everything. So I decided I should go according to days. So here goes nothing.

Day One: The ice-breaking session was confusing, what with all the 34 names to remember. Yet the games loosened us up with their hilarity.

After that, we were given a glimpse of life in the field of mass media. Newspapers, they say, do not need 'flowery' words, just make it simple and accessable. The facilitatiors then taught us various ways to approach people for interviews and how to avoid ignorant or creepy ones.

That's just the articles. We had some pointers on how to take good photos. Our first mission was to capture a good picture with the theme 'Green' . Some were asked for the message behind their photo and you cannot imagine what they can cook up in that split of a second. Genius, really, especially the "As they say, the grass is always greener on the other side" idea.

Our second mission was to interview 'Bittersweet', this Malaysian indie band (Did you know indie is not a genre but simply means 'independent'?). You can ask me all about it in person but you can know a little about it here .

PS. I will post the photos, guys, don't worry!

PSS. My Facebook is non-existant. How shall I get the other photos?



No comments:

Post a Comment