Tuesday, March 10, 2009

THUMP thump...

"Why are we eating 'yee sang' for anyway?"

"To finish it up before in expires in April..."

"Okay then, let's wish for good luck anyway. May next week's wedding and buffet be great! May the events run themselves smoothly!"

"Yes, yes....Oh! May the wedding be smooth!" They cried almost in unison.

Amidst the joy of the spontaneous decision to eat 'yee sang' and the wishing of luck for the wedding, a panic attack struck me hard.

So silent was I as I took every bite, with only my heart screaming and trying to jump out off my mouth and go "THUMP THUMP" on the floor. Forgive the grotesque image. No doubt I did join in their wish of luck for this weekend, but no one realised my mind had wandered off to Thursday. The anxiety kicked in so hard, I wished for luck on Thursday too.

"THUMP THUMP, THUMP THUMP...." I'm not the only one feeling this, I know. Trying to convince myself to hold back my heart from leaping out was in miserable vain. To all those suffering from panic attacks, a new patient is about to step into your ward.

Filling my bowl with another round of yee sang, I slurped in it and wished it brings just as much luck.

"THUMP THUMP, THUMP THUMP, THUMP THUMP, THUMP THUMP, THUMP THUMP..."

PS. The discussions on the wedding plans went very well, but not my poor nerves and heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment