Saturday, March 14, 2009

On Facing The Music

The ritual begun when my mum spreads the sms-es like wildfire. Then came the numerous calls and handshakes.

"Hi!! Congratulations!!"

"Thanks!!"

"Haha! You have to 'belanja' (treat) me, ya?"

"OH REALLY! Why? Hahahaa..." My, how broke I would be...

"Are you happy with your results?"

"Well..."

Random Flashback: Imagine my luck--- the heavy rain went against me, lightning struck the electric cord three times, the second one damaging the laptop, and I was busy the whole of Friday. So here I am, typing as fast as I can before I leave for another event.

Mei Yee and I left for school, and guess what? Time drags. The way to school seemed longer than usual. The traffic light seemed to love the colour red. Walking in took a while. Meeting everyone else was the highlight of the day, although, yes, everybody else were more focused on getting the results back.

Time had to drag on and on. As we stood under the shade of the hall, nervously sharing jokes and latest news, we knew that any time now, it's the final call.

And when it did, SHOCK was the word. I stood staring at the slip until or form teacher called out. Shock was the basic emotion. Only after I calmed down did I see the big picture.

Back to reality: "Well, yes, I am."

No comments:

Post a Comment