Thursday, March 5, 2009

Bus Dread

If, yesterday, you had seen anyone from Tuesday's Malaysian Studies class, you would most likely have seen clouds of thunder misting over their heads, the eye bags carrying eye bags, and a number of complaints.

Guess what? Time broke my record of reaching home the latest! Woohoo!

So this was how it all begun.

It was the latest time it ever ended. Okay, it was 7pm, and technically it did end on time, but that's besides the point, because we were normally released much earlier. The storms had been lashing against the windows as the class went on, only dying off as we were about to leave.

Stuffing myself into the shuttle bus, and scurrying to the bus stop, I knew the bus would arrive late. And it'll be packed. True enough, a group of us had to be left behind when it came at 7.30pm.

"Don't worry yet. Let's wait 5 to 10 minutes." he said. "By then, the Metro bus will come. That's what I surveyed."

20 minutes later, we were either conversing, staring upon the empty road, or expressing our frustration.

It felt like hours, but 8pm was when we forced ourselves into the bus. With the massive traffic jam (a normal situation after downpours) I could only be home at 8.45pm.

This is only my part of the story. Others even reached back as late as 12.30am(KL flooded)! Cross my fingers, may after six more torturous weeks, I need not have to vent about buses on my blog again.

PS. Thank you, Ming Chun, for joining in such a mad evening, and offering to buy a snack. We better get a pass for our LAN subjects. Thank you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment