Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Prom Night: Set the Twilight Reeling

Sundown
Friday twilight in the big town
Party people getting ready now
Somewhere baby,
I know your waiting, the city's vibrating
~ Sundown, S Club 8

I knew that song sounded somewhat familiar. So yes, it was Friday, and there was a party, and a lot of people were waiting for it...and the theme is 'Set the Twilight Reeling'!! Now is that just a coincidence?

It was the night every most some Taman Sea students were talking about. For most, it is a time to meet up...well, in clothes we'd never thought of wearing.From bottom:
Melissa, Kar Chee, Sue Hui, me, Wen Lian, Shi Yun, Mei Yee, Hossanah, Joanne
No comment. I'm shocked myself.

Photos (most) courtesy of my fellow friends (kicking myself for letting the camera battery die on me), especially my 'Photoshop guru', Melissa, who was one of the three nominees for Prom Queen...Congrats.

From left:
Sue Hui, Mei Yee, Melissa, me, Natasha

It was pretty dark in there, so the only shots I can find were these online. The day was not bad, since I've lowered by expectations based on some of my friend's past experiences.
The food was quite good, with the three course meal and cookies! (loved the soup).


Entertainment was the high point at this stage. Thumbs up. Of course, don't expect a HSM reenactment.

Oh well, not bad for a first time, eh?

The event ended pretty early, with Genevieve and I catching up at the lobby, as the numbers slowly decreased. PS. I've more photos that, for some reason, I can't load, but I'll get it done another day.

Till then.

3 comments:

  1. oh. the prom... haha. wait. didn't the subscience class create another one? Bah whatever, I didn't go. Just thought there was no point if there was no partner. But it seems like most of you went without anyways. Well, looks like I'll never be getting a prom experience anytime soon. And with me being in TOA, the one and only college that doesn't have any events due to its cramp and inconducive infrastructure and unwelcoming atmosphere for its campus layout, ambience, and geographical setting, which also en masses artistically frustrated people. Yeap. Prom is completely outta the picture. HA. Because I even remembered a very phayled Halloween celebration. And it was really terrible. Me being first-time emcee probably made it a lot worse. But whatever it is, I doubt TOA is ever gonna hold any glam event. Heh. Pfft. TOA is so awesome it even makes kittens cry. Literally. F3 Oh yeah, there was a prom. But it had very bad reception. So the management decided not to make another anymore. Waste of effort, time, money and space. Talk about creative talent. Zzzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard about the other prom, but one was enough. On the subject of proms... wouldn't TOA hold events in hotels instead of the campus? Maybe the frustration portrayed in your artwork would grab a lot of attention!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, they made it in the hotel, and it ended up with only most of the tutors and lecturers going instead of the students going, which defeats the whole purpose of it the prom, which was held intentionally for the students. What the management overlooked in the case however was the psychology of the students in my college, which was their biggest mistake ever. The students have almost no time for themselves, let alone be sociable, and the cost for all the course materials alone is enough to put a heavy hammering on their budgetary expenditures. The prom wasn't very cheap neither, at the ticket costing around RM300, it was almost impossible for any of the students to afford, when the things they need to buy and replenish alone already costs around the same amount. Anyhow, yeah.

    ReplyDelete