Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Never forgotten but always remembered

I remember the horrors of the war, truly horrors to seer the soul. Yet when you think of it again, it seems such a warm delight.

I may never forget the paranoia over Malay exams
But I will always remember the komsas discussion before SPM Paper 2 started

I may never forget the frustration when in comes to Chinese
But I will always remember the non-judgemental Samaritans who lend a hand, and never laugh when I forget yet again how to write the word "咖啡"

I may never forget the tears over Add Maths equations
But I will always remember the joy of finishing a tough one all by myself

I may never forget the never ending Biology memorisation
But I will always remember singing 'KPCOFGS' to the coconut song ( To remember Kingdom, Phyllum, Class..)

I may never forget how illogical 'logic gates' seemed during Physics
But I will always remember the tuition lessons and study sessions after school

I may never forget the many times my hand short-circuited after Literature lessons
But I will always remember that witty gang that keep your funny bone laughing and brighten the darkest of times

I may never forget staring at Maths questions of confusing Earth spheres
But I will always remember that anything is possible if (and only if?) you try

I may never forget the horrendous 36 'Moral Values' one should have
But I will always remember testing each other on the definitions, word by word

I may never forget the uncanny History horror
But I will always remember the quiz competitions that make it seem like fun

I may never forget the redox mix-ups for Chemistry
But I will always remember a certain shoe that caught fire during an experiment

I may never forget feeling guilt when people wish, shake hands for luck and tell us "Whatever happens in the exam, it's okay"
But I will always remember that all they want is for you to try your best, and that they'll be there if you fall

I may never forget the fear of not able to live up to expectations
But I will always remember that I'm not the only one

I may never forget the cloud of rain surrounding that fortress of books
But I will always remember the rainbow that came right after the pour

No comments:

Post a Comment