Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Silent happiness

You can say that today was a heart-warming day, somehow or other.

I got another belated gift. Sooi Kee gave a really beautiful sunflower-shaped photo frame, its petals adorned by ladybirds.(Ladybirds are a symbol of luck!) Thank you so much! All in the honour of being your '5th wife'!

There was no History test today. While we do have two more History tests for the month, it's always nice to have a little more time in preparing for it.

We had a Chemistry experiment. They never fail to put a smile on my face. When I say 'they', I mean both the experiments and the hilarious capers of the class. Today we were amazed by the "omniscient-high tech-fx570" calculator that made us "OOoo.."and "AAaaahh.."

Before we were let off from school, Shi Yun, Amirah and I were wondering what lies in the future, sharing our thoughts on event management and medicine and, well, English. Did you know there are supposedly NO colleges offering such courses? Mirah suggested taking two majors. Hmmm...

Though, that's not the high point of my day.

Someone said something that I will never forget, and never will. Echoing through my mind, had my heart not stayed stiff, tears of silent joy would have left its hide. Even though my confidence came paper thin, it was a moment of appreciation that I was never yet given. Little does she know how much that meant to me...."...let her know, okay?" With a slight nod, I left with a cloud of happiness hanging above my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment