Saturday, July 5, 2008

Mission 'P': First task

The filmstrip in my mind started reeling back to a scene, flicking in black and white. Handing over the money, signing the form, getting the receipt and ticket, then walking away, realising I had just given RM150 to go to prom. For better or worse.

With the stopping of the bus that jolted me into reality, Mei Yee, Sue Hui and I hustled into Sunway Pyramid, where we met Chin Shen and Siew Li. Don't fret, we are on Mission 'P'-Prom. Their mission: Find and buy a prom dress. My mission: Scouting around for the first time. And knowing what is it to buy.

Forgive me for needing to laugh. It really is ironic. Especially when only jeans and shirts fill my wardrobe, and the fact that I don't normally even visit clothes boutiques.

Every now and then, we would stop by a shop to look at the intricate designs of the garments.

Some things I gathered.
  • The flowing ones suit those with height in their side. It adds to the elegance. We checked out the ones with are about knee-length.
  • Most white dresses look like wedding gowns. I say most because Sue Hui looked gorgeous in one. Hope she gets that.
  • Black gowns are beautiful and slimming, but they blend too much with others. Though they can be versatile, they are rather common.
  • Match shoes with the dress. Not the other way around.
  • Accessories are to be kept to the minimum.
  • Make up is important. And yet Mei Yee and I just don't get it.
  • If you and your gown are destined to be, you'll meet again. So don't buy on impulse.
  • No dress looks good without confidence.

And just to be honest, having friends who know how to break open your clam-like shell slowly and steadily does miracles. They offer sincere opinions, accept opinions, and add a twist of laughter.

I remember the time we took a similar dress each, Sue Hui and Chin Shen clad in hot pink, while Mei Yee and I took the classic black. Coming out at the same time with shop assistants staring in confusion, looking into the mirror to see the four of us staring back.

Perhaps dresses aren't that bad after all. What did I just say?? Who are you and what have you done to Rachael??

We had a really great lunch at Sakae Sushi. Slurp goes to the ramen and sushi I had! Poor Mei Yee couldn't buy a cap she wanted after that.


Four Leaf Clover Animated Divider from FLMNetwork.com

Off Mei Yee and I were after that to our first day of intensive Chinese class. We sort of registered and entered class just a little late. Suddenly, I thought some kind of mysterious wind tapped my shoulder. Or maybe that really random mischievous guy who turned his back on me!

Only to realise after sitting myself down that and watching closely, that O!, sorry Jen Jean, I really didn't know it was you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment