Saturday, April 30, 2011

When There Is 'Notting' To Do

Earlier this month, Rachel came down to visit me, all the way from Nottingham. And I believe we had a great time! I did, since it gave me something to do. Here are some snapshots of what we did during that three days.

P1020165
Rach(a)els
We had dinner (Shepherd's Pie and Mushroom Soup) back at my flat on the first day while watching 'Lie to Me'.
P1020131
Dinner while watching 'Lie To Me'
We cooked noodles on the second day, and topped it off with the delicious banana crumble we made!
P1020200
Banana Crumble and Ice Cream!
As for travelling about, it's not much of a surprise. We went to Elm Hill and had a traditional English lunch at Britons Arms House, walked around the little gift shops. Then to Tombland, the Cathedral and the bookshops.
P1020147
Elm Hill

P1020138
Britons Arm
Also, we managed to go to the Castle, the Market, Forum, City Council...several of the many confusing little churches... we pretty much covered most of the landmarks.
P1020151
Patch of Greeness near the Norwich Cathedral
I'd always thought Norwich is a small city, the same thing I was told when I first arrived. But Chiah (and in fact, more than one person) commented on how huge the city is. That, perhaps, would mean there an incentive for them to come back!
P1020156
Now you see it..
I also brought her to the river behind the village, and took lovely 'contemplative' photos. The one below is pretty, isn't it? With the sunlight trickling from the cracks of the horizon?
P1020168
Looking out into the Sunlight

Thank you, Chiah, for coming to visit me! I'm pretty sure she'll be coming back *coughs* because I showed her the bookshops. Anyway, we'll be meeting up after the exams for a trip up North! Can't wait!!

P1020166
La fete (no, it does not mean 'the feet' but 'the festival', irrelevant but amusing pun)
 PS. Spring ends today. That's pretty quick considering how long Winter was this year (started in November and sort of lasted till March, which didn't have snowfalls but was extremely cold). Sigh. I don't want Spring to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment