Thursday, April 21, 2011

Dashing Days

Spring is in the country and this weekend will be the rabbit-hopping, chocolate-egg-hunting day. Rabbits are definitely plentiful although I've not been hunting for eggs. Anyway, this post is about my few days with Amy and Caroline! 
P1020125
Chocolate Crispees and Marshmallows
We've had a lot of Chocolate Crispees in that short period of time. Amy and I watched 'Catch Me If You Can' and 'Tangled' on two separate 'movie nights' while indulging in our finger food/ dessert. Both are fantastic movies in their own ways (ie. I have soft spots for Di Caprio and Disney...Hey! What if there's a fusion of the two?!). That aside, I enjoyed our Disney-soundtracks moments!

She's got a dream! (He's got a dream!)
They've got a dream! (We've got a dream!)
So our differences ain't really that extreme!
We're one big team...!
Call us brutal, sick, sadistic
And grotesquely optimistic
'Cause way down deep inside
We've got a dream!
~'I've Got A Dream' from the Tangled soundtrack~

P1020037
Surprised-Doggy spectre

While Caroline was around, we've been out by the river as well as unexplored roads that lead upstream. Crossing a bridge, we found ourselves close to an open field with ducks, geese, sheep and horses. Lately I've noticed their adorable offsprings flocking right behind the village too. The season is announcing itself for sure.

P1020039
We've talked about paddling in the chilly stream one day. I only realised later that there are leeches in the deeper region of the river (which is not that deep actually; I don't think it would even reach my knee). Thankfully I learnt about it the easy way when a family came by and went in.
P1020038
From left: Caroline, Amy and I

P1020128
The River
While walking back from the University, Amy and I found a different-though-slightly-longer path back to our accommodation. It's actually quite a nice place for walks. That's next on my list.
P1020126
So this is an account of my Spring-welcoming, Easter-arriving, Crispee-and-Marshmallow-Eating, Movie-Soundtrack-Singing, Upstream-Exploring days last week. Whoop~ would you be able to read the previous sentence in one breath?


Well, I just tried it and it's possible.

2 comments:

  1. Leeches!!! I'm never going near the stream again ;) But a beautiful entry :P

    And I could do it in one breath too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's only the deeper part with the faster current. The edges should still be fine. The girl and the mum didn't want to go in after that, though.

    ReplyDelete