Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Oopsie Daisy

All the courseworks are done with and Easter Break is in Norwich! Everything seemed to shine a lot more after that. It is brighter, warmer and there are beautiful daisies and daffodils sprouting out from the emerald carpet. Spring... is beautiful.

We had a picnic last Friday out on the field, before Ben had to leave.

P1010967
Picnic

P1010969
Out in the Village

P1010971
Sausages and Patties
It was initially supposed to be an open barbeque, but in the end we just cooked them indoor and brought them out. We'll save the first for another day.

P1010974


P1010979

P1010981
Also, I haven't experienced Summer yet, but Spring feels incredible. Everything reviving from the roots to the shoots. The big blue sky with the warmth of the sun.
P1010994
Village blocks
I went exploring on my own for a while, walking to the back of the village. I'd only just realised that there's a beautiful river so close to us, and there were people laying on the grassy clearing there as well. But the one that really caught my attention was the scene below.
P1020001
Village River
Are you thinking what I'm thinking? It involves a book. Now that is just too obvious, ain't it?


P1010997
Sunshine
Back in Malaysia I would simply avoid the sun at all costs. Of course, back in Malaysia the severity of the temperature can fry you, so air conditioning reigns supreme. Here, after going through an excessively long Winter (it was a long long Winter), the sun simply is a refreshing change. I probably won't feel the same when I go back but I shall complain then.
P1020010
Steps leading to a church
More roads meant for Nature hikes of sorts.
P1020004
Beautiful paths
Caroline taught me to make daisy chains. Daisies don't really grow back home so it wasn't something I'd consider part of childhood. It would have been nice, though.
P1020027
Daisy chain
That aside, Easter Break is here, and I have much unwinding to do. Till the next post!

2 comments:

  1. There better be a post about the fantastic time you've had with me over the past couple of days :)

    Amy Xx

    ReplyDelete