Friday, February 25, 2011

Cabaret

There was a Cabaret show tonight in the university by the Minotaur Theatre Company, a musical night in support of cancer research. It's put a lot of Broadway songs into my head and making me hooked on Youtube now. The songs that particularly caught my attention were 'Hey There, Single Guy/Gal', 'Brush Up Your Shakespeare' and '42nd Street'. Note to self: Watch more musicals.

Earlier today I also took part in one of the 'Skills Share' event. For two days there are several free lectures and lessons (even African drumming) where anyone can participate. One of the Creative Writing lecturers, who so happens is an author as well, carried out a session. It was enlightening, really helpful and absolutely fun! It might be a module worth taking next year, I suppose.

So far these are what happened today, keeping me busy when I should be doing my coursework. I'll get it done by the end of this week! I promise!

Hmm... I wonder what I need to fry 'pisang goreng' (or as they say banana fritters). Might be good to have something to munch on while writing my essays. Well, I guess I could take a day off to learn to cook them. Maybe.

Sigh. Anything to not do work.

No comments:

Post a Comment