Saturday, February 19, 2011

Five Things to Say

It's about time I updated on what's been going on lately.

1. Oleanna

I watched another play yesterday called Oleanna and this time it's with Amanda. With a two-member cast, it is basically about a professor who is facing charges for supposedly 'mistreating' a female student. The interesting thing about this is that both are right and wrong. I could understand how the academically-challenged and exasperated girl could misinterpret her haughty professor; at the same time, I could understand how the professor, albeit arrogant and hypocritical, genuinely wanted to help her.

The culprit there is, I believe, language - so much for communication when language seems to cause miscommunication as well. It's a good play to watch if you enjoy dark humour and intellectual discourse.

2. Club and Society Events

I went for an event where the dress code is Hogwarts. It was amusing to see what people came up with - the more unusual ones were the ghosts, the Snitch, some of the moving portraits and even the Marauder's Map. I had fun as as Cho Chang or (if no one recognised that) a random Ravenclaw student.

There's also an all-new Malaysian Society here in this university now! Met up with a bunch of them during the first meet-and-greet session! Start of something new, don't you think?

3. Careers Talk in Publishing

It was very eye-opening and interesting. Might think more about doing some internship come Easter or summer break.

4. Blood donation

When I first did it in Malaysia, I felt perfectly fine after that. This time I felt really faint and I had my legs lifted for a few minutes to get blood in my head. Maybe it's the difference in weather.

5. WEATHER

Speaking of the weather, February is so cold. Isn't Spring supposed to be about around now?


No comments:

Post a Comment