Tuesday, June 29, 2010

June Peaks.

Peak One: Birthday

My 19th birthday had been celebrated with a huge dinner and cake, with the biggest thanks to my Ama and 'Ah Yee'. Next year, it would be very different, I suppose.

And I think to myself: There are many things I wish we can just hold onto...

Second Peak: Popiah Party!!

Parties call for lots of food, and here's a table laden with gorgeous food! There were the ingredients to make popiahs: popiah wrapping, vegetables, eggs, Chinese sausages, sweet sauce and chilli sauce, then there were plates of jellies, tarts and fruits.

I enjoy making popiahs. It's pretty simple if I said just stack them on the wrapping and roll it up. My aunts and uncles (who have requested anonymity) claim that it takes 'skill' to roll them up without the fragile outer layer dessimiting to pieces. I find it fun when it does, though. I hope we'll have another Popiah Party one day.

And I miss the past.
Third Peak: Exams - and over it!

We've been having exams for a month, and now our finals are over! Days spent in the library and at the desk; nights struck with anxiety; guilt trips that come from the slightest pleasure - no more for now. I'll definitely miss college. Below is my quantitative summary of college:

I know who to hand my Maths, Chemistry and Economics textbooks and notes to, but the largest pile has yet to be organised. I never realised how large a pile I had for Literature.

I even took out all my colourful tabs from the books.


At the end of it all, delicious desserts to clear my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment