Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Try to Appear Like I've Got It Together

How I loathe it. And the fact that it will never stop makes my stomach curdle.

Somehow the moment you enter this phase, the world suddenly seems to revolve full speed ahead.

They start leaving on that boulevard of dreams. Most of them do, some with a history of several years, and GOSH! some only several months.

I've uttered so many good byes this year that I should be numb to its call by now. How many? I can't remember, yet the numbers keep adding up each month. I know this had been foretold and sticks as an undying reminder, but I find that it still hurts, even if just a little.

Sometimes I'm so tired of thinking what to say. Good bye. Be careful. Stay safe. Make new friends. Miss us. Don't miss us too much. Have fun. Call us when you come back.

With each time I feel that farewell parties are a necessity. If no one does it, who will? There is no telling when they will be back, or if they ever come back. Perhaps if they have no intention of returning, they'd appreciate the farewell party, won't they?

My head and my heart are colliding chaotic
Pace of the world I just wish I could stop it
Try to appear like I've got it together
I'm falling apart.


~Slow Me Down, by Emmy Rossum~

Sigh. I'm so sorry for that overwhelming splurge of emotions. Blame that haunting song on the radio.

2 friends leaving this month, 2 cousins leaving next month. I'm feeling blue.

2 comments:

  1. Aww...I really miss u all...All the craziness and fun times and maybe serious time studying for exams..haha..It's sad that we have to part so early but I hope we can meet up again next time. I REALLY do appreciate the card u made me...so touched...hehe now i'm feeling all emo too....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I MISS YOU TOO!! College is not the same without you...and you're one of the earliest friends I made...*sniff*

    We'll meet up again. Promise.

    ReplyDelete