Saturday, August 29, 2009

First Angsanian Reunion

5 Angsana '08 reunites!! While it was only the first time we had an 'official' outing, 17 people arrived, which I consider good response. Thank you, guys, for making time for it!! (I can't thank enough)


The idea was to keep it simple, so dinner it is! We had Japanese fusion food at 'Pasta Zanmai'. Familiar anyone? I came here for a different reunion a year ago. Anyway, it serves variations of pasta, rice and even pizza infused with Japanese delicacies. Really creative and lip-smacking, actually.

I'm quite sure the workers there were sighing over the noisy bunch we were. Well, we did have lots to catch up on since the last time we met. As a class, I mean.

I like the fruit tea! Actually had the solids in there!


Before we ate, we followed this Japanese dining etiquette by holding the chopsticks as you see in the photo above. Together, we said in unison, "Itadakimasu!" before we started dining. Sharing food gave us more to try! YUM!

I'm not posting up a lot of photos here as that's what the class blog is for. So if you want to see them, it's just a click away!

A movie moment: "Who wants to watch 'Up'?" I asked, and all of them literally looks up. Definitely a moment to be captured!

PS. Did I mention that being an Angsanian is great? It's a congregation I'm glad I'm part of. Can't wait for next reunion!

PPS. Because 'someone' has been debating with me, I prefer the term 'Angsanian', not 'Angsana-ian', just as 'Canadians' are not 'Canada-ians'. I rest my case.

PPPS. This is a scheduled post. I really am MIA until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment