Wednesday, June 11, 2008

On Marching

So I'm not the kind to enjoy sports, but it's different when it comes to marching. Why? I don't need to run exhausting miles or jump like a kangaroo to get points, that was my first thought, in fact, when I voluntarily signed up two years ago. Haha.

Okay, to honestly admit, joining the Green House Marching Team is something I will never regret. After a few weeks, it must have gotten under my skin, somehow. On Wednesdays that strike me with the blues, a little marching was what it took to get my spirits back up. A way to forget things that burdened my mind. It's the sort of unexplainable feeling.

And what's more, choosing to be in the Green House Marching Team instead of anything else definitely made a big difference. Anyway, I wonder what it'll be like this year, with our hopes high and all. We've had to stay back today for marching practise. Boy, oh boy, my skin will be half cooked by the end of the month. Though it was all basic marching today, I felt great.

What I really like about it? Being part of something I know I will look back and be happy about.

No comments:

Post a Comment