Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Heartfelt Gratitude

I had a nightmare last night, which seemed as real as it can be, and certainly shook me out of my slumber. A sign, I thought, that today could appear like the dreaded dream.

Yet, as if a little angel was by my side, with the 'swish' of a finger, making sure that I get the best out of my day, making sure that today goes as well as possible.

Be it coincidence or fate, I was not the only one celebrating his or her birthday today. From a distant class a birthday song reached my ears. Of course, I got my share of it, from several fellow Angsanians in an accoustic version, and a rap version at the canteen from my other beloved pals(you know who you are---Mei Yee, Puei San and Huey Lin)...

Thank you...

...for all the birthday wishes that made my day when it seemed as if the day was about to go off track. And that of the SMS-es that melted my heart---Mei Shan, Melissa, Yen Ni, Sue Hui, Berku & Berkim, and May Hsim. Not forgetting Genevieve and Sooi Kee.

...Joyce, for the wonderful dreamcatcher you got for me. Where it will drip the happiest of dreams into my sleepy head. And for bearing with me the entire day. Yes, goodness knows what will happen to me tomorrow.

...CE and Ber E for the beautiful bag that you made sure I didn't open until today. Haha...really tested my patience over the week. And I can't wait to flaunt it about when I go out.

...Wen Lian, for the present that blooms from the sweetness of your heart. And for spending so much time on it, that you had to stay up until two. I will await for its birthday message to spurt out and spread its twirling arms.

...Wah Heng, for the pen. So sorry if I was rather surprised at first. It's really kind and thoughtful of you for carving a smile on my face...and Aaron...for the...err...thought. Just kidding, it's nice of you to think of that.

...Mei Shan, for the blogpost that you must have written with such care and heart-warming words that hurtled me into a realm of nostalgia. Know that for now and for always, I appreciate our childhood friendship that, like a fairytale, never has to end.

Other thanks to the rain, for pushing the sun behind the clouds during marching practice.

I am grateful for being proven that nightmares are not supposed to spoil my day, especially on a day '6 months before and after Christmas'. I guess they are the 'angels' swishing their fingers. Thanks, guys, for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment