Monday, June 6, 2011

Back from Edinburgh!

I've been back from my four days in Edinburgh since Friday and, well, I've not found much time to sit down and really get to posting about it just yet. For now what I have to say about Edinburgh is that...it is breath taking. The beauty of the city marked by the stone pavements, the old buildings and scenic views, with (my favourite bit) layer after layer of history captured in the architecture and literature surrounding.

P1020596
Royal Mile
Both above ground and underground. But I'll tell you more about that later.

P1020727
South Queensferry
As for how truly 'Scottish' my experience was, I won't be able to tell myself. I understood (for the most part) the Scottish accents, decided that blood pudding tasted better than haggis (though both are considerably acquired in taste) and whiskey is not for me.

P1020514
Edinburgh City Centre
This should be more focused on Edinburgh, but tonight my head is floating off wherever Dr Who goes. It's a popular British science fiction series (already the word 'science fiction' got me interested) that no one seems to be able to stop talking about, which I decided at the end of last month to follow. Not counting the days I'm not around to watch them at my astoundingly fast pace, I'm done with Season 4 . Very much hooked on to it now.

P1020512
Edinburgh Castle in a Distance
Anyway, I do think Edinburgh is a fantastic place which I would definitely return to one day. If only I could whizz off there in the Doctor's machine (which travels through time and space, by the way).

No comments:

Post a Comment