Thursday, June 30, 2011

Room.

All humankind are cousins. by rachlyf
All humankind are cousins., a photo by rachlyf on Flickr.
The photo above was taken in Edinburgh. I just find the quote really thought-provoking. That aside, it is unrelated to my post today.

Time is ticking away and I am meant to pack everything up and be ready to move into my new house. Like I said, meant to be.

It's not that I haven't done anything. Since Monday, I have cleared most of my shelves, my cupboard and had countless to-keep-to-throw-or-maybe piles to make. I even had some happy little working songs to get me feeling calm and motivated.

Strangely enough, my room is in not in a heap of mess, but that state of mind might be temporary.

Not strangely enough, I am again back on my Dr Who marathon after taking several weeks off it. Which is keeping me calm but certainly not helping with the packing.

Of course, seeing as the day is getting closer, I will have to start shifting the posters and decorations soon. Without the little things that shape its character, the room is just a demanding space of austerity that takes over you if you don't take over them.

I can't even imagine it being empty and ready for the next person to dissolve the very memory of its previous resident. That being said, I probably did that to my predecessor.

And all of a sudden, another year is gone. And our fingerprints are fading slowly, steadily but surely.

No comments:

Post a Comment