Friday, December 10, 2010

Say It Didn't Happen.

It started as a pleasant day. You might be able to figure out from the first sentence that things didn't go that well. Still, it started as a pleasant day.

My Cultural Studies essay was done and I was glad that I finished it so soon, so I went to the library to get it printed off. There was no need to wait for someone to get off the computer because there were fewer people than usual. I decided that I shall print one of my poems out as well.

My essay was punched in, with a filled-up form in the front, and slipped onto the tray.

My Literature in History essay plan is going well after I talked to my lecturer about it (just to make sure my argument isn't too risky) and she said it sounded good. That was a relief.

I got home and happily continued writing.

Then I thought, "Ah! Where is my poem? I'll put my poem into the file now. Where IS it? Oh... OH!!!! Say it didn't happen! Someone tell me it's not behind my bibliography!"

It is.

My heart sank like the Titanic at the thought of it. And of all days. Friday. I can take it out, yes, but only next Monday.

I was pretty worked out over it in the evening, wondering if it will affect my concentration on my other essays. So I sent an email to my tutor asking her if she's collected any.

Can you hear the lifeboats floating away from the sinking Titanic? She hasn't, and wouldn't be taking any until next Wednesday.

PHEW. The pleasant day is back in order. Now back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment