Thursday, December 9, 2010

Flat Three.

This is the week most students are tied up with their work and essays for the semester. You'll see us only in our rooms. You might see us in the library at times. The corridors and kitchen are usually empty apart from the occasional hunger-stricken student.
As you might already know, I have three essays to hand up by next week, though I am determined to hand up the Cultural Studies one tomorrow. I find that getting it off my hands would stop me from editing it over and over again, which would let me focus on my other essays.

My brain food (a bar of chocolate) is beginning to run low now. I should stock up at least until I hand up my assignments.

Full circle: Jess, Amy, Ezra, Anthony, Andy, Ben, Mike.

Before I forget, here are my flatmates (and friends) of Flat 3. Anthony cooked for us that day so we had our dinner together.

Usually, this happens on Sundays when we have our weekly take away (before watching a movie) because of our eating habits.
Caroline, who is definitely living with us next year.
There's also Caroline from the flat above us who comes down often. We could very well say she's from our flat as well!

Anyway, they were the ones who helped me settle in while I was constantly in awe by my surroundings. Which is a relieved and great feeling when you're away from home.

I like that we take different subjects. Three are medical students (one in Foundation), two take film, one does maths, one does environmental science, another takes music and well, there's me! It gives us more to talk about, actually.

Now that I've given a proper introduction to the faces you see popping up in my blog, let's move on.
This Sunday we'll be having our Secret Santa gift exchange. Basically we pick a name from the hat and get a gift for that person, a good idea when there's too many of us to get presents for.

Many, if not all, would be off by next Friday. It would have been lonely winter (though I planned to organise a gathering anyway) if I was not invited to one of my flatmate's home for Christmas. It'll be good, that I know. Then I'll be in London for New Years. I suppose I can't remain in one spot for a long period of time. Especially not when I'm alone.

So now that I've taken some time off from my essays (This is why I must hand one in tomorrow - I'm still tweaking it here and there!) I should go back to it. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment