Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Curiousity or Uncertainty

I'll be heading up North soon, so I'm updating just a few more posts before I do.

I went to the city centre again yesterday, and didn't realise how much I had walked. I ended up somewhere near the cathedral once, though I had to turn back because I didn't want to go that far. I got to somewhere near the train station. Then I managed to find the Norwich Playhouse, an arts college, the Norwich Art Centre, some of the many churches and so on.

I was not lost.

Arguably, I did not have a set destination, which explains my ant-like movement across Norwich- squiggly down the paths, up and down the tracks, in and out some unique looking shops. Many paths chosen out of curiousity and left out because of uncertainty. Mostly, I relied on the road signs to find my way.

What I should have done was walk a bit further past the Playhouse (it's a theatre, by the way) which would have taken me to the Anglia Square, a place I've been told of but haven't been. It doesn't matter now. There's plenty of time to pay that a visit.

It's really therapeutic, this sort of walk. I should do that again. That's on my to-do list for when I return.

I found St Andrew's Hall


The bridge that goes to the Playhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment