Sunday, July 11, 2010

Surpise(d)!

"Who else is joining us?" I asked as we hurried into Midvalley.

Simultaneously, I heard Jennifer say "nobody" while Pei Pei uttered "somebody". Something seemed to be in motion, but with it being only a hunch I decided to forget about it and just follow the lead.

And Jennifer was walking really fast! I thought about how she said she wanted to buy accessories today, and wondered why the hurry. Still, we made our way to RedBox and...

...a birthday cake awaited Pei Pei and I, with so many college mates singing the 'Birthday Song'!!


Before I go on, here's a huge thanks to Jennifer, Eevon, Adrienne, Sher Lynn, Pei Pei, Sher Min, Rachel Q, Jin Fan, Kimberley and even those who couldn't make it. It was so thoughtful of you guys for remembering and planning this. I miss you all as I type this post.

The surprise(d) us cutting our cake. Pei Pei's didn't know it was planned for two people.

While we had our share of cake (many wanted small slices to keep in shape for the ball the night after that) and lunch, we stretched our voice boxes as far as they could. Hitting the notes was not a priority - we had a blast!

This was from 'I Gotta Feeling'.

This was probably from 'We Are the Champions'. A lot of this, I realised, was familiar because it was something we did last year, right here.

I'll await the next time we meet. We'll have microphones in our hands, giving the songs another go, crossing paths again and again. Till then.
PS. Thank you for the photos, Jin Fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment