Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Blossomed from there.

These are long overdue, I realise, but better late than never!

This was the birthday card designed for my aunt's friend, with the theme of sakura flowers. There are five messages written inside, like an international card! I hope she'll like it when she gets it.

The idea started with the lovely surface of the tree bark I wanted to achieve. The circular cut-outs were really hard to do. Anyway, the layout blossomed from there. Forgive the pun.

You might be thinking - Can this girl count? There's only four there. Yes, despite my break-up with Maths, I am fully aware of the inconsistent number. I added a German one later on upon request.

And here's the card for Evena! In all honesty, it was hard deciding how I wanted it to be since she has the flair of an aspiring artist. After squeezing as much creative juice as I could, the "wood bark effect" still lingered in my mind.

To the birthday girl (although technically it's way past that), I wish you all the best once again and may your dreams soar higher and higher. I find the quote true to what you do.

In fact, it applies to all the artists inside us. Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment