Saturday, March 13, 2010

Not knowing where to go.

It was a seemingly ordinary day at college, having to stay back until 4pm, then hopping onto the bus back to PJ. Who knew the bus journey turned into one shock of my life?!

You would if the bus driver doesn't seem to know where he's going!

At first I thought it was a minor mistake. Probably a new driver, I thought, which was why it almost forgot there was another stop he had to go to. A woman reminded him, so he managed to cut into the lane in time.

Then at the next junction, he turned into the wrong road! The passengers all let out their gasps of horror before he stopped. With cars blaring their horns behind him, the bus took some time (with the help of some residential guards who happened to be there) to reverse out. It give a sharp turn into the right road, the side of the front tyre scraping the curb as it did.

I had half the mind to just get off as did some others. I don't intend to get lost somewhere, especially when I forgot to bring my phone. But to wait for the next one at this peak hour? No, no, no...

All the way, I have to admit this slight fear. Maybe that's why the ride seemed bumpier than usual. At certain junction we reached the fear intensified. Had there not been some passengers standing beside him we could have very well end up far far away.

The moment my destination came, I gave a quick ring of the bell, and with me a bunch of passengers scrambled out as fast as we could.

(Or did it just seem that way? Hmm...)

No comments:

Post a Comment