Friday, November 6, 2009

Fun is English


I don't know what exactly got me here, but I like what came from it. This was the "English is Fun" programme just this afternoon. We were assigned to one of three 'agapes' and run activities for them. My favourite was the sock puppet making session, since there's something subtly enjoyable about craft, and especially since this particular group had seven hyperactive kids.

Love the photo!!

The Afghan children were adorable!

This wall caught my eyes. Do you know where this came from? ---It's from a book called 'The Prince' that got me falling deep into memories of the innocence of childhood.

The noodles weren't that spicy, but apparently they don't eat spicy food if ever, so some could not take the heat on their tongues.

And I am patting my back for not even touching that chocolate cake... although even from a single glance you would know that it is MOIST and RICHLY-PACKED and bound to get your ADRENALINE gushing into your brain!! How hard it was to ignore the euphoric "OMG! YUUUUUUMMM (or any other purr-like sound)...this is DELICIOUS!!"

*sobs* I can do it...I can do it!!

Before we left, they asked us to come for their anniversary later this month. I can never forget that one girl who quickly ran her pinkie around mine (and that of several of us) after the invitation.

But there's no saying we can make it...

Indulgences (updated):
1. Doughnut
2. Ice-cream (thanks to siblings)
3. Muffin (thanks to Elisa)
4. Chocolate cake

No comments:

Post a Comment