Saturday, September 6, 2008

Trials tension

Trials lurk at the corner, baring their merciless teeth, threatening to live off our souls. Here I am, limiting my visits to the cyberworld to once a week, for only last Thursday did it occur to me that trials begin next Monday!

If this does not jolt me into panic, I'm not sure what will.

For us infantry, this would be final military drill before the war; not something to be taken lightly either. Dragging our feet to school on Saturday meant one thing --- time to glance at the battlefield we would be breaking cold sweat in for the next three months. THREE MONTHS!

The few of us arranged the tables and chairs, cleansing off the dust that blanketed them since last years' turmoil. Seating ourselves down, the military governers went on and on about what to do and not to do during the exams, which is about the same few things you'd hear at any other times.

Endless preparations I have to bury myself into throughout September. Ooo...I'm officially in panic mode. My educational isolation commences today.


"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

~Bertrand Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment