Monday, August 4, 2008

To Write a Childrens' Book

The 'Sierra-theraphy' seems to have done its job well, as well as the trip to 1 Utama with my fellow aunts, uncles and cousins.

Watched Batman, and it was the kind of movie which will clench at your soul, shake your spirits like a ragdoll, and throw you back onto the cinema chair. The violence makes you writhe in your seat, your hands desperate to close the eyes of your little cousins who are watching a supposedly 'U-rated' film, yet it was thought-provoking, all the suspence building up to one emotional roller-coaster. Recommendations? Worth the watch, but prepare to squirm.

Then a late lunch at TGIF brought all of us together, where eyes brighten at the sight of the large portions on the plate, where lips smack with felicity. Maybe I should organise the Standard Six reunion here, my mind wondered, though how I can persuade some of them to come along would be a problem. Hmm... made a mental note to discuss with Yen Ni. Btw, Happy Belated Birthday to you...my Standard Six pal whose friendship I truly cherish!!!

So what exactly is on my list now, you ask?

I've just stumbled across a writing competition, and my heart immediately sprung to joy. It's calling out for teens to write a childrens' story, complete with illustrations, and I suppose, made to look like a book. Insisting myself to discard my fickleness, my pen is ready to scribble once my imagination runs its course...and it better does soon because the deadline is by the end of the month or so.

The story isn't what I'm worried about, though. Who can I turn to for illustrations? It isn't that I don't know anyone who could do so. Trust me, a long list lies in my pocket. There's just a large number of setbacks to this.

1. The battle is to dawn. The word studying really is getting to me.

2. Some are already busy with Editorial Board drawings or graphic works.

3. Reluctancy expected.

4. It's a tough job trying to convince someone I can really trust to give me a hand.

At the moment, though, I'll still be rummaging through my thoughts and ideas for a moralistic story for children. Someone will come to mind for the pictures. I hope.

1 comment:

  1. Did you get it in the end? The best artist I knew back then was Tze Horng and noone else lol.

    ReplyDelete