Friday, August 8, 2008

08.08.08.08.08

08.08.08

All over world, it's all about this combination of numbers. Lucky day for auspicious events, they say. Especially if it involves the Beijing Olympics 2008! It's everywhere! All over the news and even through Mc Donalds' little Happy Meal toys. Found this really sweet graphic from Flickr, that I feel conveys the message behind the Olympics.

Awww...and such a sweet slogan too---"同一个世界同一个梦想" (One World, One Dream)

I've even heard that more events are to be added, perhaps not this year, but probably by the next cycle of four years. I do hope they put in squash, but I heard they're considering ballroom dancing. That will be absolutely brilliant to watch!

Sorry to say, I'm going to miss the grand opening!! But given the prosperous date, with 8 symbolizing 'fortune', I've taken the liberty to make this a scheduled post, such that if you notice the time, it's 08.08.08.08.08.

So anyway, enjoy the fun-filled excitement! I know I will.

Quote of the day: The breaking of drowsiness during a History class.

"What wall separated West and East Germany, do you know?"

I think it was sleepiness.

Harendran: "The Great Wall of China!"

2 comments:

  1. Ah Harendran. Haven't seen him for quite some time now. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's doing commerce in Perth now, so I was told.

    ReplyDelete